[Soc-2017-dev] Weekly Report #06 - Vertex Painting Improvement.

Darshan kadu darsh7807 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 22:57:27 CEST 2017

Hello everyone,

Here are the updates of the sixth week.

*What I did this week:*

I started working on vertex alpha channel in the vertex paint. I went
through the details of alpha mode. Me and my mentor discussed with the
artists about their expectation from the vertex alpha.After all the
discussion two basic things I did:

1) Added the alpha slider, the user now can select the alpha value
manually, this alpha value, I have decided to use this value to set alpha,
which is different from what the Fabio did in this patch
https://developer.blender.org/D911

2) I am working on adding the alpha to the .ply file exporter. Till now I
have extended the corresponding RNA as to take alpha into the account.

*What I plan to do next:*

I will continue work on vertex alpha.
I will complete the .ply exporter.

Thank you.