[Soc-2017-dev] Weekly Report #10 - Normal Editing Tools

Bastien Montagne montagne29 at wanadoo.fr
Mon Aug 7 12:51:06 CEST 2017

Hi Rohan,

Agree polishing and bugfixing should be top priority now.

Did quick review of code (nothing in-depth yet), overall looks very
good. Noted the following points that you are still using
BMO_OPTYPE_FLAG_INVALIDATE_CLNOR_ALL in addition to
BMO_OPTYPE_FLAG_NORMALS_CALC, already said it, but imho this is
needlessly verbose - I can’t imagine any case where you'd want to
invalidate basic normals, while keeping clnors one valid? So imho,
BMO_OPTYPE_FLAG_NORMALS_CALC should be redefined to also contain
BMO_OPTYPE_FLAG_INVALIDATE_CLNOR_ALL, such that using the former
automatically also triggers the later, without having to change any code
for that.

Cheers,
Bastien