[Soc-2017-dev] Weekly Report #10 - Normal Editing Tools

Rohan Rathi rohanrathi08 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 20:12:41 CEST 2017

*Would really appreciate feedback on the tools added and the weighted
normal modifier. Latest Windows release is included.*

What I did this week:
I've added some functionality to the weighted normals modifier. It had some
serious bugs and glitches so  I've spent the majority of my time to refine
and work on the features I've added. Most likely, the modifier will work
completely fine now.

Added the following:
1) Modifier now respects sharp edges similar to sharp edges with smooth
shading.
2) Added vertex group support. Modifier will only affect vertex groups and
leave all other loop data unchanged.
3) Add smooth/sharp flags as boolean weights. A check as well whether to
use this function.

What I plan on doing next week:
With just over 2 weeks left for the project. I feel adding more tools is
not a good option, not that I have anything important left to add. I'll go
on to maintaining and documenting the code from next week onwards and
prepare for final eval. There are some bugs and tasks that need attention
so I'll put on focus on those.

Latest Windows Release:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9gCAchc4CLIV0lISFU5ZWptNXM/view?usp=sharing

Links: