[Soc-2013-dev] Weekly Report #4 BGE LoD and Bug Fixing

Daniel Stokes kupomail at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 05:34:32 CEST 2013

== Progress ==
I have added an operator to generate levels of detail using the decimate
modifier, as well as continued to make minor touch ups to the level of
detail UI. I have also created documentation for the level of detail system
and it has been posted on my wiki page:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Kupoman/Level_Of_Detail

I have also created a demo scene, but I want to make some changes to it
before distributing it (add credits etc). The scene is simple, but should
be enough to demonstrate the level of detail system in action. I will
respond to this email once I have uploaded the demo, and I will put a link
to it on my feedback thread.

== Next Week's Plans ==
Bug Fixing! I am hoping to close 10-15 bugs next week. Unless I feel they
are critical bug fixes, I may commit them to a staging branch or collect
patches until we enter BCon 1.

== Problems/Question ==
Not really a problem or question, but I would like to mention that I will
be looking to merge the level of detail system into Trunk during the next
release cycle. Since I will be focusing on bug fixing for the next few
weeks, it should be easy to merge in just the level of detail system from
my GSoC branch.

Regards,
Daniel Stokes