[Soc-2012-dev] Android Port - Weekly Report 9

Alexandr Kuznetsov ak3636 at nyu.edu
Sat Jul 21 05:33:18 CEST 2012

I wasn't feeling very well this week, so I wasn't able to do everything
what I wanted.

Week 9 (July 16-20)

   - Added support for opening .blend
   - Created initial CenterControl activity (app menu) from which files can
   be also selected
      - In future we can add update/downloader/"blend store" functionality
      to it
      - And also latter will have options how to start a game
   - .bla are now .zip files
      - Unpackaged to internal folder
         - A little insecure
      - Wrote video mode selections
      - App tries to get highest video mode available starting from 8,8,8
      color + 24 depth + 8 alpha
   - Added single lib installation for developers
   - A lot ghost/native fixes
   - Was able to get GE working in full blender (on linux openGL ES)
   - Started Accelerometer and gyroscope API

Next Week ToDo

   - Initial screen size
      - Currently you have to rotate screen to get correct size
   - Accelerometer and gyroscope API
   - Make installation easier
   - Text, lines, builtin shaders