[Soc-2012-dev] GSoC BGE Fixup Status Report Week 9

Mitchell Stokes mogurijin at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 05:15:13 CEST 2012

Here is my report for week 9:
http://mogurijin.wordpress.com/2012/07/20/gsoc-bge-fixup-status-report-week-9/

Task List:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Moguri/GSoC_2012_BGE_Fixup_Docs

Mentor: Dalai

Contents of report:
What did you do this week?
I started off this week looking at multi-uv bugs to see which ones are
actually fixed in Swiss. I’ve verified that bugs #18146[0] and
#17927[1] are fixed in Swiss. #20281[2] and #37775[3] should be solved
after I get a bit of clarification on some Blender code.
There are also a couple of bugs about changing light values in
realtime not having any graphical effect. These bugs were fixed in
Cucumber, so I’m going to see if I can bring that code over to Swiss
or trunk.
Other than bugs, I managed to get lib loaded materials to not compile
their shaders twice. This gets rid of an error message when using the
async option, and it offers a small speed up. I have also gotten my
Swiss code into a working copy of trunk to start looking at the
possibility of merging with trunk.

Now time for some tracker stats:
New: 3
Closed: 1 (1 by me)
Net Change: +2
Current: 149

What do you plan to do next week?
Once Nvidia get’s their developer site back up, I’d like to try some
of their programs to profile the BGE’s OpenGL usage to try and get the
Necrosys map to run better. I finally got Dalai’s files working, so I
can also start trying to optimize for those. Overall, a scene change
spends about two seconds on scene conversion; hopefully I can get it
down to around one second or better.  I’ll also see about the
possibility of merging some of my Swiss changes into trunk so the
multi-uv bug reports can be closed.

Are there any problems that will require extra attention and what
impact will they have on your proposed schedule?
Nope, things are going smoothly.

Are there any builds available?
There are some on GraphicAll.

Cheers,