[Soc-2012-dev] Weekly Report #8 (COLLADA Improvements)

Sukhitha Jayathilake pr.jayathilake at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 14:45:40 CEST 2012

What I did this week:
This week I completely concentrated on IK constraint animation export
working.
It was not easy as I thought it would be. Basically the approach was to
solve
IK constraint animations also at each frames of bones in the IK chain also,
and get
the changes with the pose channels pose matrix. But every alternative I
tried didn't
give the expected results. Debugged and tested the different code
combinations.
Thoroughly reviewed code relative to bone pose and IK solving.

Also made a video of the previous work:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un2yiyao4Nw

And passed the Midterm. :)

What is planned for next week:
Basically get IK constraint animation export working at any cost.
Then get more users to test the code. After that move on to Morph
controller export.

Problems faced this week:
Basically described above. Went through the code thoroughly and I can
identify
why the previous approaches didn't work. The changes at each frame for
IK bones are not recorded in pose matrices, which is used in other armature
animations.
Maybe have to look for other variables which holds any changes.

--
Cheers,
Phabtar.