[Soc-2012-dev] Viewport FX - Report 08

Jason Wilkins jason.a.wilkins at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 23:55:41 CEST 2012

Sorry for the late report.

I have an academic paper deadline on Sunday so I have not actually
worked much on Blender this week.

At this point I think it may be useful for me to review the work that
has been completed so far.

For the midterm I have mostly completed a library that replaces
deprecated drawing functions.  What is left are a few odd places where
I have not finished converting old code, making sure that I have test
coverage of all the drawing functions, and polishing the interface to
be more user friendly.  Another important thing is clear documentation
so that programmers can pick up on the new interface and start using
it.

Preliminary documentation is here:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Jwilkins/GSoC2012/OpenGL_Compatibility_Layer

(I just realized that there is no way to access the new interface from
Python.  I'll have to consider that later, but it probably is not a
huge problem right now.  I'd rather take the time to consider how to
export it in a more "Pythonic" way.)