[Soc-2012-dev] Precision Modelling tools - week 9

Luke Frisken l.frisken at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 02:00:49 CEST 2012

Week 8 report
I'm away hiking this weekend thus the early report
What I did this week.
Ported over the midpoint snap to new system. Experimented with parallel
snapping. I'm really annoyed I didn't manage to get parallel snapping in
and committed for people to try this week. Probably would have today if I
was still at home. I've also done quite a lot more in making the snapping
system independent from the transform system by using callbacks, and
creating default functionality that can be easily overridden from outside
the snapping system.
I managed to waste a good chunk of time trying to get blender to compile on
my laptop. Not doing that again!

What's in store for next week?
I'm honestly quite annoyed I didn't get a build out for people to test this
week. So I'm making that my main aim for this coming week. Get something
useful out that people can start to use and give feedback. I've gotten
quite a lot of feedback on blender artists forums, so I'm anticipating
there will be a number people wanting to try things out. Do parallel
snapping and planar snapping needs to get done so I can move on to
finishing multi snap. I've already done a chunk of planning and code for
multi-snap this week, but I've realized there's really no point having that
if I don't finish the new snapping modes and finish porting over the
existing stuff.