[Soc-2012-dev] Multitouch Weekly Report

Nick Rishel nrishel at iupui.edu
Sat Jul 14 08:32:42 CEST 2012

Quick points:

   - Created shells for the C api, touch manager, and types
   - I have been iterating on type definitions as necessary
   - Context for interpreting touch that I am working with at this moment
   are area, region, and data type under the touch point
      - I have started functions to register these types
      - I have finished functions to check if these types have already been
      registered
   - I began to flesh out various other functions of the touch manager,
   including adding touch events

Next week:

   - I want to connect the C api to the touch manager
   - From there, I can plug in this library to the Window Manager, in order
   to begin testing
   - It might be best to tackle the issue of multiple cursors in Blender

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:PrototypeNM1/Weekly_Report#Week_8

Week 8

*Eeek, getting bad about updating these throughout the week, I need correct
this next week.*
Friday

I talked with the BlenderTUIO developers again this Wednesday. They offered
to give me read access to their repositories. We also discussed how they
went about handling multiple contexts in parallel as a result of multiple
cursors.

This week, I created shells for the C api and touch manager. I've also been
working on touch type definitions, iterating on the design as I find it
necessary.

Currently I am designing around the idea of context being an area, region,
and data type under the touch point, which are used to interpret meaning
from touch events. I have written appropriate code to register new input
for each type, as well as check if the type has previously been registered.

I have also began work on code to convert and store touch events into a
continuous, regex readable form. This code, however, will need further
review as I believe its current implementation is not ideal.
Next Week

I need to plug this into Blender's Window Manager to confirm that it is
handling as expected, thus next week I should begin fleshing out the C api.