[Bf-viewport] Updates for the week of May 30th - June 6th

Khalifa Lame khalibloo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 15:37:22 CEST 2016

I can only contribute from an artistic point of view here, as I know almost
nothing about blender's rendering code or internal architecture. Just
wanted to mention a point that doesn't seem obvious from the discussion so

Though I agree that the realtime renderer should be an independent
renderer, I also think it needs to perform the functions of the current
opengl preview renderer. Meaning that even when other renderers are in use,
it should be available as a preview renderer and it should approximate the
current renderer's materials albeit in a simplified manner without exposing
its own advanced settings.

The advanced settings of the realtime renderer would then only be
accessible when it is the chosen renderer and not when it's relegated to
just a preview renderer.

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 2:13 PM, Clément FOUCAULT <foucault.clem at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Pure "alien" tweaks are Parallax correction and planar reflection. Apart
> from this I don't see much other settings that would be problematic.
> The viewport probe panel inside object tab is still a concern. Is that too
> much "alien"? https://vimeo.com/159694666
>
> The SSR and SSAO could fit.

>> Yes, that is exactly what I wanted to ask. Just keep Cycles settings
>> without touching.
>> Sorry, I'm not entirely familiar how all this works. I just wanted to ask
>> about pure "alien" tweaks or hacks if they are present). Settings like
>> number of samples and something like that are responsible for the
>> resolution/performance and seems to me suitable for Cycles preview.
>>
>> On 10.06.2016 15:23, Clément FOUCAULT wrote:
>>

>> > Clément, is it real to keep UI for some features from your branch?
>>
>> If you could rephrase that because I'm not sure I understand. I'm
>> assuming that you want to know which features could be added without
>> touching the UI.
>> Light preview is the only one I can think of but getting rid of the
>> shadows. (or using BGE shadow settings [impractical to the user])
>> Environment lighting is just 1 or 2 parameters to be added to the shading
>> tab inside the N panel, and also some quality parameters to the World tab.

>> --
>> Alexander Romanov
>>
>> Developera.romanov at blend4web.com
>>
>> Blend4Web: Unleashing the Power of 3D Internethttps://www.blend4web.com
>>

>> This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
>> solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
>> If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately.

khalibloo®