[Bf-viewport] H

Mike Erwin significant.bit at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 22:19:40 CEST 2015

Short answer: yes!

Read Ton's code.blender.org piece about 2.7, 2.8 & beyond. It talks about
possible fusion of "regular" blender and the game engine. I think for now
we're tackling visuals only, not interactivity. We need to figure out the
path between what we have today and that, and this list is the place to
figure that out.

I did some performance work earlier this year focused more on
geometry modeling than on surface appearance. The same code could boost
real-time "final" renders once a few more pieces are in place.

--
Mike Erwin
musician, naturalist, pixel pusher, hacker extraordinaire