[Bf-viewport] OpenGL ES compatibility

Yuri Kovelenov yuri at blend4web.com
Tue Dec 8 10:43:34 CET 2015

Hi Martijin,

Yes, on Linux/Mac OS the browsers currently use the ANGLE's shader
validator only, without the translator. However, they plan
to extend their architecture to create an "ultimate" OpenGL ES backend
for all platforms and drivers.

Here is an ANGLE preso which can be helpful:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1CucIsdGVDmdTWRUbg68IxLE5jXwCb2y1E9YVhQo0thg/pub?start=false&loop=false&slide=id.g26efd2cf6_0178

Yuri