[Bf-vfx] Mango Samples with ACES via rrt_sRGB

Guillermo Espertino (Gez) gespertino at gmail.com
Sat May 19 20:01:56 CEST 2012

El 19/05/12 14:19, Troy Sobotka escribió:

> On May 19, 2012 9:42 AM, "Guillermo Espertino (Gez)"
> <gespertino at gmail.com <mailto:gespertino at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> > So, if that's so, the way to go (at least avoiding the need of modifying
> > Blender) would be sGamut > Corrective LUT > sRGB instead of just jumping
> > from sGamut to sRGB chromaticity.
>
> The conversion out of the F65 software converts the footage to ACES.
>
> Following ACES in the pipeline there is the Reference Render Transform
> (RRT) and the Output Device Transform (ODT) on the tail end.
>
> The creative LUT, or Look Modification LUT in ACES terminology, is
> situated to be applied prior to the RRT / ODT sequence.

If I understand you correctly, that's exactly what I tried to say.
I was wondering if the LMT is missing. That's something to be asked to
the DP, right?

I mean, the ACES footage should have the LMT applied prior the
conversion to sRGB chromaticity if the footage will be processed in
Blender using that gamut, but in linear space of course.