[Bf-vfx] Keying nodes

gespertino at gmail.com gespertino at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 22:44:45 CEST 2012

2012/4/15 Daniel Salazar - 3Developer.com <zanqdo at gmail.com>

> Count with me for testing, I have suffered the pains of really complex and
> crappy footage involving uneven lighting, 4:2:2 cameras, blue and green
> screens overlapping, strong highlights, DoF, even green screen in the
> middle of a freaking forest.. I got footage here to test all
> that nastiness, only thing is I can't share it :s

I can bear witness of that keying nightmare :) but I have to agree with
Troy when he says that most mattes involve working with regions and
sometimes even roto.
Improvements to our keying tools are welcome, but personally I don't think
our current tools are necessarily lacking.
I'd rather say that masking is what can make a real difference in the
keying procedure, allowing more control to create combined mattes from
isolated regions.