[Bf-vfx] Tomato camera sensor changes

François T. francoistarlier at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 19:56:37 CEST 2011

2011/10/20 Ejner Fergo <ejnersan at gmail.com>

> Ok ok, I get what you mean, relax. You are right that the sensor_width
> is constant, but what Brecht asked is why the width ACTS like the
> height, as in the primary horizontal value is now a vertical fov, but
> this is not apparent in the interface. Forget that the camera is
> rotated, this will not export correctly.
>
> About presets, I still can't see why the presets can't be shared.

not that they can't be shared accross all B's space, IMO it should, but
Sergey told me it was problematic. but having camera preset and lens preset
seperated does not make much sense, since a camera is all about sensor, and
this data is needed in the lens profile

> /Ejner
>
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 6:38 PM, François T. <francoistarlier at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> >> That the sensor_width becomes sensor_height in portrait, is as
> >> Francois writes,
> >
> > NO ! I was actually saying that the sensor width NEVER becomes the sensor
> > height. portrait mode is a rotation of the camera itself. You should
> never
> > intervert those parameter
> >

> >> I just saw that the tracking camera presets have more data. Personally
> >> I would prefer that there was only one shared camera preset, and the
> >> extra data (except lens info) seems negligible to have in a preset
> >> IMHO, or at least it could still be shared. Having lens data as
> >> presets themselves makes much more sense.
> >
> > not quite, because the lens profile depends on the filmgate. the profile
> > won't be different for a same lens with different filmgate

François Tarlier
www.francois-tarlier.com
www.linkedin.com/in/francoistarlier