[Bf-translations-dev] About RTL languages

Yousef Hurfoush bat3a at msn.com
Wed Feb 15 02:00:41 CET 2012

> So I’d like to first have answers to those questions:
> * Why aren’t arabic and farsi using the same solution? Afaik, the later
> uses fribidi, which seems to gives better results.
i don't see the better results, if you mean the python tips, i committed the fix now.
plus the later needs a special input method by the translators, and that make translating harder.

so why should the arabic & farsi teams use the same method?!
as i understand they have different _to_utf.py scripts in their folders
and as your 'update trunk script' __uses__ that to generate the .mo automatically

so if you are uncomfortable with how the farsi team provides you with the compiled .mo
then they should commit there fixes or methods in their _to_utf.py script

thanks

Regards
Yousef Harfoush
bat3a at msn.com