[Bf-gamedev] New 2DFilter system for BGE

Daniel Stokes kupomail at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 03:56:02 CET 2015

I took a quick look over your patch (sorry for the delay), and I like your
idea of an alternative data structure for managing filters. I also
appreciate that you actually payed attention to the existing encapsulation
and made a GLSL concrete implementation of the abstract filter type. The
diff was a little noisy with a lot of white space changes, and it would be
best if you kept the refactor separate from the offscreen render changes
(which I am guessing are not complete yet).

Using a data class to reduce the number of arguments is fine, and is
already done in the BGE in the physics code. In general, I find improving
readability to rarely be bad practice.

Do you ever go onto any of the Blender IRC channels? I use the nick Kupoman
in #bgecoders and #blendercoders. I would love to have a more in depth
conversation about your plans for the 2D filter system as I have a few
thoughts on that part of the BGE myself.

Regards,
Daniel Stokes