[Bf-gamedev] Perhaps consider OpenGEX instead of FBX/Collada?

Eric Lengyel lengyel at terathon.com
Thu Oct 9 23:01:34 CEST 2014

Hi Juan --

Thanks for the link to your DAE exporter. It will be a useful reference. And I’m glad to hear about your plans to support OpenGEX in Godot.

You’re likely aware that OpenGEX supports multiple animations in the same file. I’m planning to add support for those in the Maya / Max exporters soon, and I’ll take care of it in the Blender exporter as well. There simply wasn’t time in the first iteration.

I’ll see what can be done about relative paths. OpenGEX does support those, but they are relative to the OpenGEX file, which may be in a different location than the Blender file. This may be problematic, but I haven’t looked into it yet.

-- Eric