[Bf-gamedev] Perhaps consider OpenGEX instead of FBX/Collada?

Juan Linietsky reduzio at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 15:34:01 CEST 2014

Hi Eric, I'm glad you have decided to make the exporter yourself, I was
afraid someone would attempt to do an exporter and would end up like the
rest of the broken exporters in Blender. As soon as you publish it, I'll
add support in Godot immediately.

If it helps you as reference, here is my own Collada exporter (which is
almost feature complete):
https://github.com/okamstudio/godot/tree/master/tools/export/blender25

Here's some requests though:

1) As said before, please add an option for exporting all clips (Actions)
from the scene instead of the main animation. This is probably tricky
because actions use relative paths, so they can be reused between objects.
I have found that the most correct way to do this is the following:
    a) Go through all actions and all armatures (or objets).
    b) Only export animation tracks for objects that match the path for
each curve
   If in doubt you can check my python code (relevant portion is
 here):
https://github.com/okamstudio/godot/blob/master/tools/export/blender25/io_scene_dae/export_dae.py#L1162

2) Please respect blender's ability to use relative paths to images. This
way ogex files can be pushed to version control and opened somewhere else,
or shared in asset exchange sites.

Thanks for your work!

Juan