[Bf-gamedev] LOD

Jacob Merrill blueprintrandom1 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 06:33:47 CET 2014

First off I would like to say thank you, game developers.

Second off, I would like to know, is kupomans LOD handled by a C thread?

And third, I would like to know if each item having the property "distance"
assigned to it is possible,
using the LOD generation script.

I would use object.distance to change states from off/on. allowing for
deactivation of unnecessary logic, without calling
own.getDistanceTo(camera) extra times, as LOD already does it at every
frame.

Fourth, I ask again, if anyone can find it in their heart to code a Rigid
body joint constraint actuator, and 6dof settings within it, It will make
my whole life a lot easier, as establishing all my constraints on frame 1
using python just so I can store properties I need later is a pain.

actu.rbjTarget
actu.rbjXmin
actu.rbjXmax
actu.rbjXRotMin
actu.rbjxRotMax
actu.rbjxRot
actu.rbjxPos

if I could set/get these with python, I could use it as a "psudoparent" as
well as retrieve information from the object hosting the rbj

own['Value'] = actu.rbjTarget['Value']