[Bf-gamedev] Several Concerns about GSOC

Crocadillian crocadillian at me.com
Wed Mar 12 20:49:51 CET 2014

Hey Susie, i'm a third year Computer Games Design student at Staffordshire University, and i've recently been playing around with ideas on how to make levels and scene building in general more intuitive inside Blender, as well as other features such as UV Mapping and Lightmap Baking.  I did some pre-production and prototyping work in Blender last summer to understand how a large scale game environment could be built as efficiently as possible, and I have a lot of observations and ideas on how it could be better.

This email was originally going to be short, but I found that I actually had a lot to talk about, and I hope it doesn't sound like i'm asking for features or anything.  As i've  recently done some research and tried to consider this problem and as you're interested in potentially enhancing level building, i'm eager to share with you the conclusions i've come to in making level design better, and fixing this issue in the production pipeline that as of yet hasn't been sorted by anyone it seems (at least in commercially available game engines).