[Bf-gamedev] Several Concerns about GSOC

Jacob Merrill blueprintrandom1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 16:41:35 CET 2014

Make a 6dof actuator?
They are infinitely usable, but the constraint python is not easy to follow
and has no data recall-abilty.
Like own.rbjTarget =Rigid body joint target.

This data can not be recalled unless you set it and store it at frame 0, (a
pain in the butt!)

Of you made a 6dof actuator, and a 6dof sensor. Things like grappling
hooks, and physical movements become possible.

The 6dof sensor could allow for dynamic balance as well as for deviations
in walk cycles for rigged Ragdolls.

As far as a level editor goes, it is hard to do without being to hardcoded
to one game type. Even quake map tools are only as good as the
pre-fabricated pieces.

Check blender artists game engine resources,
Jakii's rigged walking Ragdoll is better then my TorqueRig,
As the torquedolls actions are more like a torquemap.
Ie if property walk is between 1 and 15 apply x torque.