[Bf-funboard] usability improvements and a feature

Sangwoo Hong sahngwoo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 19:02:10 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 9:40 AM, Oscar Dario Franco Galeano <
scardario at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. When I have several objects or bones selected, I'd like to block the
> transformation properties (from the Transform Properties Window - N) to all
> of them, not just the last I selected
> It becomes annoying having to select one by one of the objects I need to
> change this properties.

This sounds like a good idea.  I'm not even sure if any 3D packages does
this.

> 2. Keyboard Shortcuts to bone layers

Sounds like a good idea too but all the number key combinations are already
taken for standard layers controls...

> 3. an alternate way to input the name of a bone in a constraint panel (When
> there are too many bones Ctrl + C - Ctrl + V gets tiresome) maybe drag &
> Drop? or a list like the one for selecting parent from edit mode

Actually, this question brings up another interesting question for me.  How
scriptable is the armature system?  If an alternative naming mechanism is
too much to implement, it would at least be nice to be able to write a
python script which creates bones in the naming scheme we'd like to use so
we can write it once and use it over and over again.

> 4. autocompletion in the text fields

I believe this may already be available in the 2.4x.  I remember seeing
this done in mancandyfaq but then gain it may be context sensitive and be
limited to just object names which is not useful for bone names.

> 5. When editing bones with X-Axis Mirror activated, If I add a bone via the
> space bar on one side, it doesn't duplicate at the other

Isn't there a script which creates bones on one side of the X-Axis then
duplicates\renames them for the other?  I suppose even if a script like this
existed it wouldn't be too much of a help if say one wanted to add a bone
after the fact.

phong