[Bf-docboard] Current state of wiki updating.

Jared Reisweber jaredr122 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 01:34:07 CEST 2012

I kind of agree with Fade. I would be interested in continuing to help add
wiki pages again. I had made a bunch of wiki structure changes a while
back, that should have been reviewed prior, but things like adding content
to pages, or moving content to appropriate pages could be well ahead of
where it is now if the review process was eased up a bit. It's troubling to
learn that, after such a big deal was made over a new reviewing process,
not much progress has been made. I have a hard time believing the manual
would get that out of hand by opening up page editing, as long as there is
consistency in formatting guidelines that are followed. Are there really
that many people actively working on the manual?

On the topic of manual structure, there are several areas of redundancy and
inconsistency in the manual index I think could be improved on. For example
these 7 pages:

   - Graph Editor
   - F-Curves
   - -F-Curves Types
   - -F-Curves Graph Editor Interface
   - -Editing
   - --F-Curves
   - --Keyframes

could be easily fit into about 3 pages:

   - Graph editor
   - F-curves
   - Editing f-curves

There is inconsistency in the grouping of Blender functions into manual
pages. I would argue that some pages might be too specific. Like, do we
really need 6 pages on selecting mesh components? And only 1 page on
animating Armatures? Resolving things like these would reduce the empty
page count(~137), and make it less confusing, and easier to add content in
the appropriate places, in my opinion. (e.g. the mesh editing and animation
pages)

Anyways, that's my thoughts.