[Bf-docboard] Upcoming Wiki Team

fade_docboard_blender at ymail.com fade_docboard_blender at ymail.com
Wed Feb 8 11:17:04 CET 2012

On 02/07/12 00:08, mindrones wrote:
> Hi,
>
> another quick mail just to say that some days ago with Francesco Siddi
> we examined a bit some of the skin bugs that are stopping us to start a
> proper peer-review workflow for the Manual. Techie stuff but that needs
> to be addressed before we start :)
>
> Soon we will try this experiment to enforce peer reviewing, in order to
> have a growing team of Writers and Reviewers, everyone talking through
> the wiki mailing/notification system, also to avoid that we mail here
> for single pages reviews (which is fantastic to see happening, but not
> optimal really :)
>

> Laters!
> Luca

So I've been working on a few pages since the edit ban came off and a
few things have come to mind about the wiki team and general workflow
(stuff better suited for another thread).

While I'm ok with the idea of peer review as quality control for
writers, has there been any discussion about a similar process for the
reviewers? Trying to recruit (and retain) writers could prove to be
difficult if their contributions aren't reviewed in a timely fashion.

Likewise, there's been mention of ensuring reviewers are active in
following blender development etc, but will language and writing ability
be an active consideration as well? There's lots of instances throughout
the manual where the content is fine, it's just written poorly, but I
haven't seen much mention of this in the status panels. Picking up
grammar and punctuation errors is tricky at the best of times (and
probably more so for non-native speakers of that language), but if we're
keen on improving the manual then this should be just as important as
ensuring images are up to date.

Apologies if this has already been covered in the chat or elsewhere.

Cheers
Fade