[Bf-docboard] Upcoming Wiki Team

mindrones mindrones at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 17:03:02 CET 2012

Hi,

On 02/08/2012 11:17 AM, fade_docboard_blender at ymail.com wrote:

> So I've been working on a few pages since the edit ban came off and a
> few things have come to mind about the wiki team and general workflow
> (stuff better suited for another thread).

I've seen your contributions in the review page, I was just waiting for
the process to be ready to contact you.
Please have still a bit of patience, and keep on working :) we'll review
all the contribs soon.

> While I'm ok with the idea of peer review as quality control for
> writers, has there been any discussion about a similar process for the
> reviewers? Trying to recruit (and retain) writers could prove to be
> difficult if their contributions aren't reviewed in a timely fashion.

Well, more on this soon, but the idea is that everyone starts as a
Writer and when he's proven good wiki+blender skills at some point
he/she gets promoted to Reviewer by admins, and from then on he/she'll
be free to edit the wiki freely, and he'll be involved in reviews or
writers contributions and in discussions about big changes (hope we
don't change the structure anymore though, it is exhausting and a time
sink).

> Likewise, there's been mention of ensuring reviewers are active in
> following blender development etc, but will language and writing ability
> be an active consideration as well? There's lots of instances throughout
> the manual where the content is fine, it's just written poorly, but I
> haven't seen much mention of this in the status panels. Picking up
> grammar and punctuation errors is tricky at the best of times (and
> probably more so for non-native speakers of that language), but if we're
> keen on improving the manual then this should be just as important as
> ensuring images are up to date.

As for proof reading, it would be fantastic to have a team of mother
tongue people to check that too, but I'm afraid it's difficult to achive
that on such a big manual.

We can discuss this though and include that too in the public call we'll
do soon.

Any idea how to find and motivate people on that?

> Apologies if this has already been covered in the chat or elsewhere.

No apologies, every opinion if constructive is welcome of course :)

Regards,
Luca