[Bf-cycles] fisheye mode

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Thu May 3 17:03:09 CEST 2012

Hi, I updated the patch to account for 'photographic' fisheye lens as well
(not only the equidistant ones needed for fulldomes).

Images, patch, explanations:
http://www.dalaifelinto.com/?p=399

I'm going to push the new patch in codereview and with Brecht's bless get
it into trunk.
There are things I need feedback with, though:

1) Is it ok to call this second method 'equisolid' (with a tooltip
presenting this as the common fisheye for the lens available in the market)
? or should we have the (inacurate but perhaps clearer) options (fulldome
fisheye | photography fisheye)?

2) Should we have a FOV interface option for the 'equisolid' fisheye mode?
without that you can't do a circular fisheye (cycles will simply complete
the projection until it gets to 360).

Thanks,
Dalai