[Verse-dev] Verse OpenGL ES client

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Sat Nov 20 22:18:09 CET 2010

Hello,

I'm interested in using Verse as a tech demo for my company's mobile
gaming platform (<spam> http://www.antixlabs.com </spam>). It looks like
it should be possible to produce, very easily, some awesome results with it.

Our platform's based on OpenGL ES, EGL and OpenKODE. I have vague
memories of once discovering an OpenGL ES client ages ago, possibly for
the pre-Uni-Verse version, but haven't been able to track it down.
Anyone know anything about this?

Failing that, any ideas as to what a Verse client would be like to port?
A quick glance at the persuade shows that it's fairly GLES-friendly,
using render arrays rather than glBegin()/glEnd(), but would still
require modification. We support both OpenGL ES 1 (fixed pipeline) and 2
(shader language), but my background is mostly 1, so I don't know
whether the shader language would be compatible. Is there a 1 client
that's worth using?

Also, can anyone point me at the definitive current version of the
source? So far I think I've found five different downloads, all with
different timestamps. The most recent I've found seems to date from 2008.

│ "There does not now, nor will there ever, exist a programming
│ language in which it is the least bit hard to write bad programs." ---
│ Flon's Axiom