[Verse-dev] Verse and HPVM

Baldridge, Timothy tbaldridge at alertacademy.com
Wed Feb 16 21:21:46 CET 2005

Basically what I am interested in, is the ability to form some type of abstraction to the normal message passing interface. My goal, is to come as close to the fork() command, but on a cluster . But what I would be interested in using Verse for, is for syncing data across various machines.

I had understood that when a modification was made on one machine, it was synced automatically across all the machines. This is something that would be very useful for HPVM, because it would basically allow me to throw out the network code I currently use and focus on the higher level routines. Just as verse allows multiple users to all manipulate the same data as if they were on one machine, so HPVM tries to allow multiple processes to exist as if they were on the same machine.

Where would I find out more information about the blob and tag data? The verse documentation is rather skimpy.

Timothy