[Verse-dev] verse4 experiences, part3

Thorsten Jordan Thorsten_Jordan at gmx.de
Wed Oct 20 10:00:24 CEST 2004

Brecht Van Lommel schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I can view the 4 textures included with the 'ppctest2.3ds' file just
> fine. Don't really know about the large geometry, don't have any
> geometry viewer running or any files on my computer now. Will try that
> later.
the gimp plugin shows the right textures for that 3ds, but i also have
some other files with larger textures. They are broken.
I used the .3ds files of my own project "danger from the deep"
(dangerdeep.sourceforge.net). You may want to check the cvs, look under
dangerdeep/data/models, there are many test cases ;-)

> What might be going wrong is that the they have are not completely
> received by the server. As far as I can see you are not waiting for
> confirmation that the tiles were received, just for confirmation on the
> layers. The same goes for (large) geometry.
that's right. Because how should i confirm reception? I'm just waiting
that the layers are sent back so i can fill them. If they're lost in
between the pusher will hang. What should i do about tiles?

(This is also a point where i would change verse: it is in my eyes not
acceptable that data is lost. I would rather use TCP instead of UDP.
Much code could get removed with that.)

> You could check if this is the cause easily, by keeping the app running.
> If there are any .3ds or .off files that still don't work then, I'll try
> them.
i'll test that, thanks so far!

--
Greetings, Thorsten