[Uni-verse] Review and demo

Gert Svensson gert at pdc.kth.se
Tue Apr 18 07:46:58 CEST 2006

Dear Ludde,

thanks for your letter!

I totally agree that this is a most important part to pass the review.
All efforts have to be spent to produce a successful demo.

About the rendering issue:

 From the correspondence during the Easter is seems that OSGrenderer has
implemented the transformation slightly wrong.
This should be easy to fix and should be done right away.
Is it correct that this renderer is not supporting colours and materials
at the moment?
Also the avatar naming issue should be easy to fix. If user selectable
name is hard start with a fixed one and send this version.

If this cannot be fixed an alternative has to be found. Eskil's renderer
doesn't work so this is not an option at the moment. The simple renderer
works well but is not impressing using pseudo colours.

The Necro package also contains a renderer and implements colour and
materials.
Test before the day before the Easter was however negative for the
building. Nothing showed up at all. This may however be possible to fix.
Comments from Martin?

For the roof of the building, couldn’t that be approximated with an
invisible flat roof?
I assume the reviewers wouldn't hear any difference?

I know there are other issues about the model as well but I don’t have
first hand knowledge about the problems there so I postpone my comments
on this issue.

Best Regards
Gert