[tuhopuu-devel] IRIX Tuhopuu gameengine crash

Kester Maddock Christopher.Maddock.1 at uni.massey.ac.nz
Thu Aug 26 04:30:24 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 25 August 2004 23:21, Carsten Wartmann wrote:
> Chris Want schrieb:
> >> Great to hear! Could you provide me a Binary? The disk space on our
> >> O2s is much to sparse to get all the dev-tools on it. I would like to
> >> test the stereo-display here on Irix.
> >
> > Here is a tarball with both the player and the regular tuhopuu:
>
> Hrm. I get very mixed results.
>
> In tuhopuu itself the mapping is also not right (a cube shows the map
> not on all sides when pressing P but 2by2 tiled on only one side) in the
> 3DWindow all is ok.

Confirmed: vertex positions are being sent as texcoords (instead of uv) for GL
implementations without multitexture.

> In the player I dont have lighting and vertex colors, the textures are
> ok here...
Check the ambient material properties (AO in material buttons.)  It's set
quite high by default (0.5) and will wash out lighting and vertex colours.

Vertex colours also don't affect ambient light, (only diffuse) maybe they
should.

> No anaglyph glasses, and the sidebyside is without lighting not very
> spectacular.

I had a request for side by side, apparently you put each eye on a different
monitor, and use polarised glasses.  Also, if you make each display small
enough, you can see stereo by defocussing your eyes (magic eye approach.)

Peter Murphy (media.com.au / mediavr.com) has been doing interesting things
with stereo.