[tuhopuu-devel] IRIX Tuhopuu gameengine crash

Carsten Wartmann Carsten.Wartmann at imago-viva.de
Thu Aug 26 10:51:35 CEST 2004

Kester Maddock schrieb:
> On Wednesday 25 August 2004 23:21, Carsten Wartmann wrote:
[...]
>>In the player I dont have lighting and vertex colors, the textures are
>>ok here...
>
> Check the ambient material properties (AO in material buttons.)  It's set
> quite high by default (0.5) and will wash out lighting and vertex colours.

Oh. Hmm. I did not experience such effect on Windows, maybe because the
gamma is much higher on IRIX.

> I had a request for side by side, apparently you put each eye on a different
> monitor, and use polarised glasses.  Also, if you make each display small
> enough, you can see stereo by defocussing your eyes (magic eye approach.)

I did that ;-) I was hoping to see vertical interlaced modi (for
seereal.de monitors) but I guess I have to tell it IRIX before. No idea
how atm.

> Peter Murphy (media.com.au / mediavr.com) has been doing interesting things
> with stereo.

Yep, we exchanged some mails.

Greetings,
Carsten.