[tuhopuu-devel] axis constraints help lines

Matt Ebb tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 19:44:33 +1000

Goofster got me curious about the practicalities of this idea (damn you,
Goofster I'm supposed to be working!! ;) ):
http://www.blender.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=2118
so I decided to dive into code and give it a try. I've got it working
(without the drawing X/Y/Z letters) by doing some copying and pasting and
hacking of theeth's code, but there are a couple of issues I thought I
should mention and ask about.

1: Is there a way to make the lines persistent instead of flickering? It
looks like it gets drawn when the mouse moves and screen updates, but
disappears when at rest.

2: There seem to be some probs when the view's in perspective mode. I'd take
a screenshot to show you, but unfortunately I can't because of the above
issue. Depending on the zoom (it's usually ok when zoomed out pretty far),
often the help lines don't pass through the object's centre. Unfortunately
I'm not good enough with vectors and things to be able to fix this, so I
thought I'd at least mention it. This seems to happen with theeth's
line-drawing too (which makes sense since I just copied and pasted :/)

Cheers

Matt