[tuhopuu-devel] axis constraints help lines

Martin Poirier tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 15:33:16 -0700 (PDT)

--- Matt Ebb <matt@mke3.net> wrote:
> 1: Is there a way to make the lines persistent
> instead of flickering? It
> looks like it gets drawn when the mouse moves and
> screen updates, but
> disappears when at rest.

Seems to be a problem in tuhopuu only. I used the
exact same code in bf-blender and it doesn't flicker.

> 2: There seem to be some probs when the view's in
> perspective mode. I'd take
> a screenshot to show you, but unfortunately I can't
> because of the above
> issue. Depending on the zoom (it's usually ok when
> zoomed out pretty far),
> often the help lines don't pass through the object's
> centre. Unfortunately
> I'm not good enough with vectors and things to be
> able to fix this, so I
> thought I'd at least mention it. This seems to
> happen with theeth's
> line-drawing too (which makes sense since I just
> copied and pasted :/)

Probably something to do with a perpespective matrix
or something. I'll look into that.

I'm modifying my function to accept a color and
linestyle parameter, so if you want to wait for that
to be commited...

Martin