[Soc-2018-dev] YimingWu Week 2 Report For NPR Project

Joshua Leung aligorith at gmail.com
Mon May 28 15:41:22 CEST 2018

Hi Yiming,

I know it's only the second week of GSoC, but it's not currently clear from
your report whether what's currently working (if anything). For example, it
sounds like you've got some UI settings exposed + have been doing some
porting of existing code/engine to Blender codebase. However it's not clear
just reading the report whether there's anything to see here yet or not?
Anyway, just something to keep in mind for future reports. For instance,
when you get something working, it would be nice to nice to include a
simple screenshot here (even if it's just a really basic/WIP thing) to say,
"hey, after my work this week, you can now do this with my branch" :)

One other small thing - some of your commit messages so far have been a bit
brief/cryptic. As a bare minimum, it's good to mention what's changing
and/or why. It doesn't have to be a lengthy explanation, but just enough so
that when looking back at the history to figure out when/why something
changed, you make it easier for yourself to see "ah, I should for <that>
commit".  Some useful tips for writing good commit messages can be found
here:
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/New_Committer_Info#Commit_Logs

Cheers,
Joshua