[Soc-2018-dev] Weekly report #02 - Bevel Improvements

Rohan Rathi rohanrathi08 at gmail.com
Sat May 26 04:15:31 CEST 2018

What I did this week:

I'm satisfied with the work done so far. I've applied my previous branch
over to blender 2.8, there were some issues so had to manually apply parts
of the patch.
Modifiers work with Mesh instead of DerivedMesh so made the required
changes in the modifier.
Fixed another conflict in tranform, with the addition of new data
containers.

One odd thing to note is that normals don't get updated in editmode,
changes only seen in object mode. Will look to a fix.

Also spent some good time analyzing the codebase of bevel. I'll begin work
on it next week.

What I plan to do next week:

I'll be much more readily available next week. I've seen a few hiccups with
my previous branch in Blender 2.8, so first task is straightening it up.
Afterwards, I'll discuss the work to be done on harden normals, specific
cases to take care of and begin work on it.

Thank You,
Rohan
ᐧ