[Soc-2017-dev] Weekly Report #03 - Sculpting Brush

Raja Kedia rajakedia2222 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 10:23:19 CEST 2017

I don't know how, but my last message was somehow bounced. I guess the
problem was due to the image that I had attached!

*Works that have been done by me this week:*

In my recent commits, I have implemented the first part of brush as I have
discussed in the docs
<https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Miyagix/GSoC%2717/Docs> and this
is working as expected. It is creating a clipped part in the mesh where
brush is projected along with an extra mesh as in docs. Now, to remove this
extra mesh, I have to implement part two of the method as I have discussed
in docs. Here, my target will be to find coordinates of place that is
intersecting with mesh as from user view and then shift the extra mesh
according to it.

My first attempt for clipping brush was to delete the vertices inside brush
projection and creating new vertices. But It wasn’t working and was
difficult to implement as It would require a lot of changes in brush
behavior. Next, I adopted pushing the enclosed vertices towards the curved
surface of brush projection and there was a large flat surface in mesh as
expected. Next is to push the vertices

Currently, for clipping brush, I was pushing the vertices enclosed by brush
projection towards the projection surface and it was creating that extra
mesh as Represented in figure 1. But, by doing this I have exactly figured
out how can I create a working model using mouse. More details are given in
docs.

Recent commits include:

1.       Final implementation of method 1 as discussed in docs.
<https://developer.blender.org/rBf691de8b679bec65b09c578babfb6b22fa879aec>

2.       Final UI for brush
<https://developer.blender.org/rB26a806e430bb319ce150b7bc80436070d7b07ff1> (it
just is same as any other brush.)

*Things I will be doing next week:*

1.       Start topological grab brush implementation.

2.       As in this brush, there will be a lots of corner cases, I will try
to implement most of them.

In mean time, I will be checking the clipping brush tool also.

Also, I was suggested by Tom M and Sergey to go for Topological grab tool
before Clipping Brush hence I was looking into that and I have also checked
the proportional editing methods and tools which will help me fasten myself
a bit while implementing Topological grab brush which I will be doing next
week.

Thank you.