[Soc-2017-dev] Weekly Report #03 - Package Manager

Ellwood Zwovic gandalf3 at blendermonkey.com
Sat Jun 17 09:49:55 CEST 2017

== Week 3 ==

What I did this week:

* Found that crash was due to compiling with incorrect python version
(thanks to Moguri)
* Implemented a simple operator which calls a function as a subprocess
(i.e. without blocking blender).
* Also,
[https://wiki.blender.org/index.php?title=User:Gandalf3/GSoC_2017/Reports
my reports are now on the wiki].

=== Questions ===

* Since the plan seems to be to implement everything in an addon (at
least to start with), how should I handle including it on my branch?
Should I create my own branch on the
[https://developer.blender.org/diffusion/BA/ Blender Addons] repo?

=== Plans for next week ===

Start thinking about package format/repo format design; implement a
"repo" from which blender can list and install packages.