[Soc-2017-dev] Weekly Report #02 - Sculpting Brush

Sergey Sharybin sergey at blender.org
Mon Jun 12 12:20:54 CEST 2017

Hi,

You shouldn't apply boolean operation, it isn't fast enough and has quite
some corner cases which would cause artifacts for sculpting. it should be
more like a knife tool.

But also, we should start something simpler here i think, just to get up to
speed and familiarize with the code more. What about putting clipping tool
on hold for now and improve Grab tool first?

On Sat, Jun 10, 2017 at 9:59 AM, Raja Kedia <rajakedia2222 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>

> *What I have done this week:*
>

> I had already done UI part for Clipping brush in previous week so most of
> the time in this week was used in deciding methods and implementation of
> functions like do_clip_brush() and do_clip_brush_task_cb_ex(). Initially,
> I have thought of deleting vertices inside the brush domain to create basic
> part of brush but this was not working hence I was trying Boolean
> difference operation for the same since last 2 days. Also, I have done
> commits of the project and code in soc_2017_sculpting branch
> <https://developer.blender.org/diffusion/B/browse/soc-2017-sculpting_brush/>.
> Tom M and Sergey are also providing me lot of suggestions and advices for
> this project.
>

> *Things I will be doing in next week.*
>
> Implementing and applying Boolean operation in Clipping Brush and will try
> to finish most of the work related to clipping brush. Since, this brush
> requires deleted and adding new vertices rather than shifting the position
> of vertices which is done in other brushes, implementing of this brush is
> taking time.
>

> Thank You,
>
> Raja Kumar Kedia.

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin