[Soc-2017-dev] Weekly Report #01 - Sculpting Brush

Raja Kedia rajakedia2222 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 21:22:11 CEST 2017

Hey blender heads, developers and mentors,

It has been a week since I have been working with codes related to
sculpting tools and brushes in blender. Within this week, I have gone
through working and ideas behind the grab brush and dynamic topological
system in sculpting mode and also the BMesh Editing tools (mainly Euler
Operator) which I will be using in creating clipping and other brushes.

Letterrip(Tom M) has provided me with link of previous commits in branch
soc-2016-sculpt_tools
<https://developer.blender.org/diffusion/B/repository/soc-2016-sculpt_tools/>
and some working directory in source code. I have created a local branch
called soc-2017-sculpting_brush
<https://developer.blender.org/diffusion/B/browse/soc-2017-sculpting_brush/>.
 and pushed it in the developer.blender.org. I have also created diff files
from soc-2016-sculpt_tools
<https://developer.blender.org/diffusion/B/repository/soc-2016-sculpt_tools/>
Branch's
commits, went through it and modified it a bit which I will be commiting in
local branch within two days after few testing.

I am currently planning to implement the brush with functionality of knife
tool in next week and then I will modify it for smooth clipping in future.

Thank you,

Raja Kumar Kedia