[Soc-2017-dev] 2nd evaluation progress report

Raja Kedia rajakedia2222 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 21:34:16 CEST 2017

Hello,

Now that the time for second evaluation has come, this is my brief overall
report of what I have done in this period.

*Progress*: Before commencement of second working period, I have complete
Topograb in normal mode and started working on its dyntopo mode. There was
also problem in brush while using symmetry.

In this phase, I started with symmetry error in Topograb and after few
attempts I finally solved it. Next, I worked on dyntopo mode, but since
this brush works for partial mesh unlike whole mesh in other brush,
implementing it in dyntopo was really hard but with some hints from
LetterRip, I had finally made it. There is still few grabbing issue that I
will be looking in next week. Next I tried dynamic array implementation,
and after few futile try I thought of implementing it in future. But, in
last couple of days, I again experimented on that and now i was able to use
it successfully. I might be implementing it before next week. Also, in
final week of this phase, I solved wrong grabbing error which LetterRip has
pointed before. Currently, it is working fine in symmetry, still central
vertex need more accurate vertex calculation. Also, I started with
multires, which require some thorough study of few files i.e. multires.c
etc. before implementation of functions to find a unique relation between
vertexes which is currently not needed in any other brush hence not present.

Topograb is taking more time; than it was expected as I have not thought of
various modes of working (i.e. PBVH_FACES, PBVH_BMESH, and PBVH_GRIDS) and
all of them require separate functions for calculation.

Also, I learned a lot more stuffs like working of bmesh, multithreading,
symmetry etc.  in this phase and that was a good part.

*Link to my updated proposal: *
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Miyagix/GSoC%2717/Proposal

*Link to detailed weekly report: *
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Miyagix/GSoC%2717/Reports