[Soc-2017-dev] vertex paint project - ply exporter

Bastien Montagne montagne29 at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jul 10 15:18:02 CEST 2017

Not so sure it’s good idea to work on addons in GSoC context? But if we
want that, then we should definitively create own gsoc branches in addon
repo when needed…

However for own work (e.g. asset engines), I choose a different
approach, which is cleaner and simpler to handle imho - put what should
ultimately become an addon into release/scripts/startup. That way
everything remains in same single branch of single repo, much much
easier to handle and test. Further, ops defined that way are always
enabled, and moving the code back into regular addon when merging into
master is trivial work.

If modifying existing addons, better to add own custom prefix to
registered classes names!