[Soc-2017-dev] Weekly Report #06 - Normal Editing Tools

Rohan Rathi rohanrathi08 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 22:17:03 CEST 2017

What I did this week:

Caught and fixed bugs, did a lot of cleanup and fixed a few mistakes.
Looking back at the code I have some ideas in mind.There are other issues
like Split/Merge don't actually perform very well with large number of
loops. A loop index table would be nice to have. Other than this I've
worked out how to keep the clnors same with the other transform ops which
were glitching.

What I plan to do next week:

Next week I'll begin work either on copying normals or weighted normals.
Weighted normals is a critical feature and I feel needs more discussion.

Links:
My proposal: https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:RohanRathi
/GSoC_2017/Proposal
Git branch: https://developer.blender.org/diffusion/B/browse/soc