[Soc-2017-dev] Weekly Report #06 - Silhouette Operator

Sebastian Witt W.Basti at gmx.de
Fri Jul 7 18:31:35 CEST 2017

**

  *Weekly Report #06 - Silhouette Operator*

*

In this week I went over the whole code and restructured and cleaned up
most of it. I came to the conclusion that i need to rewrite a big
portion of it. Some old methods are prone to errors and overly complex.
In addition to that I wasn’t aware that my branch doesn’t build on other
systems due to misused arrays on the stack.

In the next week I will rewrite big portions of the tool. My goals are a
unified interpolation method to calculate smoothing and sharp edges. I
will reshuffle and simplify the vertex order and edge/loop/poly
generation. If everything goes according to plan I am expecting a more
robust system.

For future reference i pushed the last working version to the branch
before deleting big parts of the code. As I have mentioned above, it
might not build.

If you can not build but still want to get an idea of the development
stage, I have created a gif as a small demonstration (!5.5mb):

http://pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=117008

Have a nice Weekend,

Sebastian Witt

*