[Soc-2017-dev] Weekly Report #08 - Package Manager

dr. Sybren A. Stüvel sybren at blender.studio
Tue Aug 8 14:49:46 CEST 2017

On 23/07/17 11:17, Ellwood Zwovic wrote:
> * I'm not sure how best to disable asynchronous operators while they are
> running. The trick is, I want to allow multiple instances same operator
> to be run at once, but not with the same parameters. This is so that a
> user can click install on multiple different packages without waiting
> for any one to complete, but double-clicking on one will not spawn two
> install processes.

I think you can avoid the need to run multiple modal operators for this.
Just have a queue of items to download, an operator that adds items to
that queue, and a thread/process/modal operator that keeps downloading
until the queue is empty.

> * Putting the package manager addon in a python package puts the addon
> itself under a subdirectory, so blender won't recognize it when the
> whole repository is placed in a submodule in scripts/addons. The blender
> cloud addon also seems to have the same issue, how was this solved there?

I'm not sure what you mean. The Blender Cloud add-on is just a regular
Python package that is recognised by Blender.

--
Sybren A. Stüvel

https://cloud.blender.org/
https://stuvelfoto.nl/