[Soc-2016-dev] Weekly Report #04, Python Package Manager

Sybren A. Stüvel sybren at stuvel.eu
Tue Jun 21 23:02:50 CEST 2016

On Sat, Jun 18, 2016 at 10:50:12PM -0500, Peter D. Cassetta wrote:
> Before I go ahead with this plan, I'd just like confirmation on
> something. I remember with addons_contrib, back when SVN was used,
> binary files were strongly avoided. With this in mind, I would like
> to get a go-ahead (from someone like Ton) before I commit any binary
> files (zipped add-ons) to the repository.

Good thing to discuss this. I wouldn't store zipped addons in the Git
repo; the repository is for development & tracking changes, and
zipping the addons up makes that impossible. Let's focus on a plain
directory containing the ZIP files first (which you can also easily
locally test -- just do 'python3 -m http.server' in any directory to
serve it).

Regards,
--
Dr. Sybren A. Stüvel