[Soc-2016-dev] Weekly Report #04, Layer Manager

Julian Eisel eiseljulian at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 02:42:23 CEST 2016

Hi all,

Here is my report for week #4, It's also on my wiki page https://goo.gl/M7cBcd

Didn't get as much done as planned, spent most of the time on getting
undo/redo and layer drag & drop to work.
My layer manager UI design doc is still pending review by Ton, who's
busy with Annecy of course.

What I did this week:
* Refactored how we store objects in layers: Now using arrays which
should give us some viewport drawing speedup as arrays are more
efficient than the lists we used before (wouldn't be surprised if
speedup is quite huge in big scenes). Will do some benchmarks at some
point.
* Spent quite some time on getting undo/redo and file write/read to
work. Reading objects assigned to layers still doesn't work,
everything else should be okay.
* Added support for reordering layers using drag & drop (.gif ->
https://goo.gl/X9lmQj).
* Started working on API/Storage for custom layer properties, but
missed a majorish thing in the code design idea so I might need to
start over again.

Next Week:
* Continue working on initial layer property management support
* Add a couple of initial layer properties using layer property API
* Improve layer drawing
* Midterm evaluation! :)

Cheers,
- Julian -