[Soc-2016-dev] Week 3 Report - Multiview Reconstruction

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 10:23:24 CEST 2016

Hi,

Quick reply on your questions.

1. What is fundamental difference between autotrack and simple_pipeline?
> From my point of view, autotrack is based on mv::marker which knows what
> clip it comes from, while simple_pipeline is based on libmv::marker which
> is agnostic about the clip. Also autotrack has data structures that have
> more details than their counterparts in simple_pipeline, like libmv_Marker.
> It knows the marker source, like whether it is specified manually, or
> detected automatically, which can lead to fine-grained controls in the
> algorithm implementations. Is there anything else that I have missed and
> should attend to?

Simple pipeline was created back in 2011, where there were no plans to do
witness cameras or such. Autotrack was created way later keeping in mind
all the ideas of fully automatic tracking, prediction (which requires
having whole history of track) and such.

At the same time, autotrack API should simple enough so it can be used
instead of current simple_pipeline. SO in a longer term we should port all
bits from simple_pipeline to autotrack.

> 2. Does anyone know how to delete a wiki page? I accidentally create one
> more and want it deleted.

Don't think regular users can delete them. However, i can delete one for
you if you give a link/

--
With best regards, Sergey Sharybin